Monday, September 9, 2013

A Hiatus for Two Reasons

My Dad, who everyone called Ralph except my brothers, sister, and I, an old-school, fine, good Italian man and pasta king, passed away at 4:01 pm on August 24th in Capital Health Hospital, Hopewell.

After his breathing calmed, then phased out slowly, his soul departed to heaven, I am confident. His loving family and many grandchildren and cousins surrounded him in his last minutes.

I am still in the process of writing that poignant, and family unified story, but you won't see it here.

I am also editing, polishing and cutting the final version of my first book, Episodes. It's a telling and a showing of my ups and downs with mental illness between 1979 and 1996. I've already successfully cut 30 pages in the last week, working on my target of 300. Feverishly editing in fact, but after 4 or 5 hours a day, I have to put it down. With much help from my many Ideal Readers, and best friend Spud who's almost done the covers, I'm setting October 1st as the final deadline, when it will be available on Amazon.

But I have been taking notes for blogs, including Charter Schools, scam artists by phone and Internet, children's identification, a first, and many others.

Hope to see you back soon.

Caio
Rodney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are encouraged and welcome